Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome to Poland - Home of Good Food

My journey continues to bring great experience! Yesterday I cycled from Selecin to Zbaszyn. The Polish names still surprise me! How can there be so many consonants in a row. It is very hard to even write things down, not to mention pronouncing them. To be honest, I don't even try! In my head it is Zb...something city. On my way I accidentally took two de-tours, this added about 10 km to my day's trip, so not too bad. The weather started off being very hot! But as I went East, it got a cloudier, still very warm, but it was bearable. I left Sulecin very late, my host's mother made me dinner. When I came to thinking about it, it was my first warm meal in several day time. The food was great! FULL of flavour, loving it. And when I arrived to Zbaszyn my host also gave me warm dinner, and again, the food was very good! My host is a very nice girl, she lives with her husband and two little boys. She is a very nice girl, with a kind heart!
I will be leaving, hopefully soon, since I don't want to arrive to Poznan too late.

The map of Poland that I purchased in Germany is very poor. It has only major roads, which does no good for me, as it is better to travel along the smaller roads. Now I often rely on GPS on my phone.
Good quality roads are great for speed, however, cars use this to go fast as well, so such roads are not very safe. The older, bad roads can be literally a pain in the bum, but at least I know that cars will not go fast, so it feels a lot safer. Poland runs short on cycling routes. They are present in some cities, but between cities, not really. There are some routes that are marked as cycling routes, but here they don't have may signs as to where the paths go.

Anyway. I should get ready for the days trip. ;)

Distance: 85 km



P.S. It takes a long time to upload pictures, that's why there are very few up. Sorry about that. I know I am several days behind, deal with it. :P haha BYE now.

No comments:

Post a Comment