Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Volkswagen

Yet another day has gone by. My knees are aching and legs are more bruised than ever. It's unbelievable how far I've come already. But there is still a long way to go... The journey from Hanover to Wolfsburg was not as tough as it should have been. I managed to go most of the way along the Mittellland Canal. But the start of the day was excruciating. It was hard to get out of Hanover since all the road signs were for cars and all ended up on highways. I needed to start my day's journey on route 443, but the part of his road that was in the city was a highway, so I had to get just out of the city to get on this route. I managed to find some cycling routes just outside of the city. I had to go through the woods where the route was barely visible, and most of the way was muddy. But I eventually hit a road and luckily it was the 443. I went long this road till Peine where I started to cycle along the canal up until Wolfsburg. I did have to get of the route for some time because there was a harbour where there was no cycle route through it. The route of the day: Hanover - Sehnde - Peine - Wattenbuttel - Wedelsbuttel - Wolfsburg.
The path along the canal was tricky at times, sometimes there was barely any path at all, or it was very muddy. It was tough to ride through as I had to hold on to the steering wheel tight to not to fall. But then I did have my first fall, however, I got up quickly and kept going.

I am in the Volkswagen city: Wolfburg. According to my CS host about 5500 people are employed at the Volkswagen company that is located to the North of Mittelland Canal. The whole city here stands only because of Volkswagen.

Today I am to get to Magdeburg, I should get going! :)


Time: 10.5 h
Distance: 90 km

No comments:

Post a Comment