Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Long Story

Where to start?
So on the 10th of June I cycled from Zbaszyn to Poznan. That was roughly 80 km, but I got lost along the way a bit. I departed from the Zb...something city after noon, and was in Poznan fairly late. The route I took was Zbaszyn - Nowy Tomysl - Michorzewo - Buk - Wieckowice - Poznan. Somewhere before Buk I got lost, because originally I did not plan on passing through this city.
That night I stayed at a couch surfing host's dorm. She was a student at an university in Poznan. I was very glad she took me in, as it is exam time, and many other students declined my couch requests due to exams. I liked talking to her as she had interesting stories to tell about her travels.

Distance: 85 km

The following morning my host left to go to university and I left for Konin. It was around 10 in the morning, if I remember correctly. I believe I was about 5km into my journey when my bicycle started to make very scary noises, it was cracking, and it was very difficult to keep pedalling. I decided that there is no way I can cycle like this more than 100 km, distance to Konin. So I tried fixing my bike, but I realized the back wheel was turning with it's screw. I failed to fix it. Then a man, I'll call him Superman, came to rescue me. He helped me to carry the bicycle to a bike-shop that was about 1 km away. The bike-shop worker found out that the back wheel  is not usable, so he had to change the wheel, tire, chain, and back chain disk.
At fist the two men at the shop said that they can get it fixed by tomorrow (the following day). This, of course, was not an option for me, so I asked if there is anyway they could do it today, not just today, but right away. And finally they were kind enough to fix it within two hours. While they were fixing it, Superman took me to his friend's place, who lived near by. There we had some coffee, and the nice woman even gave me delicious lunch. With the help of this woman's son, I was able to tell my Superman that it is too late for me to cycle to Konin, and that I would like to take a train to there. We picked up my bike, and then he cycled with me to the station and helped me to get a ticket. This man was just amazing! I can't believe how lucky I was that he stopped to help me. I got his name and address, so I think I will send him a superman t-shirt when I'm done with my journey.
I arrived in Konin, then found my hosts place. For that night I stayed with a couple who have travelled a lot, it was nice to hear about their adventures, I also learned a lot new about Poland.
Then the following morning I was off to Kutno.


I left Konin early, my bike was good and rolling, and I was well rested. I took the route 92, so it was easy to get to my next stop. No wondering about, or getting lost. The weather still was good, and the road was wide, so I didn't have to worry about all the cars. It was abut 90 km ride. I arrived there earlier than I thought I would. I met up with my host and he took me to his spacious apartment that was very close by. He cooked a lovely dinner. We enjoyed each other's company over couple glasses of wine. It was very interesting to talk to my host as he had very solid ideas and thoughts about life and future, and people. We had some good laughs.

Distance: 90 km


The following morning, Thursday, 13th of June, due to my hosts schedule we departed early. He went to work, and I was off to a city not too far away called Sochacew. Again, I chose the easy 92 route, which then turned into route 2, and it lead me right to the city. It was not far away, and I was cycling fairly fast, so I was good on my way by mid day. I stopped couple of times along the way, enjoyed the weather, and had a good lunch in one bar/restaurant on the way. I found my hosts home easy, and before arriving I got myself a big three-scoop ice cream! Just what I needed in the heat. My host was very hospitable, fed me nice dinner, and we had a short chat about this-and-that.

Distance:  70 km


Today I am going to Warsaw, that's roughly 60 km, but I can't know for sure, since I don't know where my next host lives. :D

PEACE OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment