Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Glasgow - Edinburgh

Where to start?

This is my first post, so I better tell you all what this is. I've been living in Scotland for two and a half years now, and I decided it is finally time to move back to Latvia. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, however, I couldn't find the right time. So instead of waiting for the right time, I just decided to make things happen. But to make things more adventurous I am cycling most of the way. I begun my journey yesterday as I cycled all the way from Glasgow to Edinburgh. This was the first long ride that I have ever been on. It went better than I thought.
I left Glasgow soon after 11 AM and it took me roughly 6 hours to get to Edinburgh. I think I would have never departed if it hadn't been for my brother. He helped me more that I would have ever imagined anyone helping me. His kind heart got me where I am now.
The ride was not easy, I got lost and confused a few times. But the beautiful nature and scenery made me care less about the time or location, I just sucked in last of the gorgeous Scotland. I knew I would reach Edinburgh eventually, and that's all that really mattered at that time. After checking google maps for the approximate route I was taking, I learned that the total distance I rode was 85 km. I spent the night at a hostel in Edinburgh city centre. The hostel Caledonian Backpackers was really neat, great and helpful staff, very tidy and clean, nice people, and very, very cosy, had a great atmosphere, the bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. All in all I really wish I had more time to stay there.

Now I am on the bus and on the way to London. Today evening I will be hopping another bus to Amsterdam. So tomorrow morning I will be getting of the bus in The Netherlands. There I shall spend two days and on the 30th of May I start my long tour from Amsterdam to Latvia. So far I've met nice people along the way and have had only the best experience.

Now a nap, and I'll wake up in London. Peace out. :D


Time: 8h
Distance: 85 km

No comments:

Post a Comment