Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Amsterdam - Apeldoorn

I can't stop praising Amsterdam! I believe it is like a dream city of mine, it has great people, it is not too big, and not too small, they have great nature spots, they recycle, it is in Europe (right in the middle of it! :D), they have free spirited people, easy going, and OF COURSE, they have cycle paths EVERYWHERE! The culture of cycling there is phenomenal. I really want to go there again some day!

The one full day I spent in Amsterdam the weather man had decided to send some pretty bad showers. This was great to see since I hadn't seen normal rainfall for a long time. There was thunder as well! Brave! In Scotland it rains a lot, but all the time, and not crazy wild showers, just some rain here, some there.
Anyway, I did go out in the city a bit. I also purchased a map of Netherlands and a good map for Germany. I do look up beforehand where I am going, but a map is a best buddy kind of thing. :D
It really helped a lot when I was wondering about to get to tonight's stop.

There was supposed to rain in Amsterdam and in Apeldoorn today, however, the weather was great all the way to the hostel. If anyone really cares, or pondering, here is the route I took (excluding the  wrong ways  :D) Amsterdam - Muiden - Naarden - Bussum - Laren - Baarn - Bunschoten-Spakenburg - NIjkerk - Voorthuizen -- Apeldoorn. The last bit from Voorthuizen to Apeldoorn was the easiest, and hardest at the same time. It was a long stretch of about 30km. It was great that for that bit of the route I didn't have to wonder if I was going the right way. However, I was tired, and seeing endless road ahead of me was pretty depressing. But then I did have to spend some extra minutes searching for the hostel.

Now I am again planning my later journey, planning what routes I'm taking and where I will spend the nights. For tomorrow I have luckily managed to find a place on Couch Surfing. This is the first time I am using this, so I am really hoping for a good experience. Plus I was lucky to get a response from a user since the Bed&Bike I e-mailed never replied until just recently saying they don't have any free beds for tomorrow night.

So off to bed soon, and then tomorrow, Germany, here I come! :)

*I will put up some pictures tomorrow morning. ;)


Time: 8.5h
Distance: 95km

P.S. The time I indicate is including the breaks and stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment